Frequently Asked Questions
Who can join?
The Sierra Nevada Sigma Kappa Alumnae Chapter is open to all Sigma Kappa Alumnae from any chapter across the nation. We participate in events with Sigma Kappas in Northern Nevada and California regions. Most of our members live in Reno, Carson City, Minden, Lake Tahoe and surrounding areas.
How many people are on the board?
Currently, we have seven members serving on the Sierra Nevada Alumnae Chapter Board, but there are always opportunities to get involved locally either with this chapter, the collegiate chapter advisory board or the local corporation board. Sigma Kappa is always looking for additional support at the local level.
Is this chapter affiliated with Sigma Kappa at a national level?
Yes, we are currently recognized by the national organization and work with other alumnae chapters in District 7, along the west coast region of the United States.
What are the chapter goals?
- Pursue new and lasting friendships among members of all ages.
- Increase membership.
- Take advantage of personal enrichment and leadership opportunities.
- Support philanthropic endeavors through service and monetary contributions.
- Support the sorority’s educational and philanthropic programs through the Sigma Kappa Foundation.
- Positively represent the sorority through words and actions on local, state and national involvement.
- Actively support the Kappa Xi Chapter at the University of Nevada, Reno.
How do I join?
Becoming a member is easy! We have set up an account with Bill Highway, so you can easily join online, just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get you started. If you’d prefer paying by check, please contact the Vice President of Finance. First year is only $15 and renewing members are $30.
Have Other Questions? Contact us today.